Tampa Florida Non-Compete Attorney
Cantrell Astbury Kranz, P.A., known as Premier Litigators, is one of the few law firms in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida that focuses its core legal work on providing non-compete agreement counseling and litigation services. These services also include advising and litigating non-solicit and non-disclose agreements, in addition to handling trade secret disputes. We can be contacted at 877-858-6868 or email@example.com
We understand the serious nature of non-compete agreements. They may prohibit an individual from starting their own company or working for a competitor for a significant period of time. It is important to carefully review and understand non-compete agreements before signing. We are often trusted to provide guidance to individuals and companies in connection with transitioning of employment, with a focus on mitigating legal exposure.
When non-compete disputes arise in Florida, we have deep knowledge and truly substantial experience handling non-compete disputes in Florida. In fact, we regularly provide educational seminars to other attorneys on Florida non-compete law, which is primarily governed by Florida Statute § 542.335.
Expertise in Florida Non-Compete Disputes
Simply put, we know Florida non-compete law backwards and forwards. Don’t take our word for it. Review our testimonials. Most are regarding non-compete matters. Look at our attorneys’ biographies. Our attorneys attended top law schools, many clerked with judges, and all have practiced in business litigation and non-compete law for most of their careers. We regularly are asked to speak in national and state-wide educational seminars about Florida non-compete law.
Just as important, we are passionate about competition law. We are leaders in the field. We only take on client causes that we believe in. For example, while a business’ legitimate business interests should and can be legally protected through a reasonable non-compete in certain circumstances, advantage should not be taken of individuals by requiring non-competes on all employees in all industries. Often, non-disclosure and non-solicit agreements are sufficient to protect a former employer’s business interests.
If you are considering a Tampa non-compete lawyer, contact us at 877-858-6868.
Non-Compete, Non-Solicit, and Non-Disclosure Agreements in Tampa, Florida
We represent companies and individuals seeking advice and litigation legal services relating to restrictive covenants (i.e., non-competes, non-solicits, and non-disclosures).
Companies retain our services for the following types of issues:
- Drafting employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and restrictive covenants.
- Determining choice of law and venue selection provisions for multi-state employers.
- Compliance counselling for various state non-compete laws.
- Protecting confidential business information, including in the context of joint ventures.
- Assessing enforceability and potential violations of non-competes, non-solicits, non-disclosures, and other contractual terms.
- Counseling companies on hiring individuals who have restrictive covenants, including non-competes, or who may possess confidential information.
- Defending against breach of non-competes, tortious inference, or defamation claims.
- Prosecuting restrictive covenant claims, including non-competes when appropriate.
We also regularly represent individuals, including sales employees and executives. We understand that defending a lawsuit filed by a prior employer is a major life event for any individual. Examples of matters where we represent individuals include:
- Assessing enforceability of non-competes and non-solicits in Florida.
- Counseling individuals who are transitioning to new employers or starting their own companies on how to mitigates potential liability related to restrictive covenants.
- Responding to cease-and-desist letters.
- Defending individuals in non-compete lawsuits filed in Florida, including in Hillsborough County and the surrounding counties.
To discuss potential representation, contact us at 877-858-6868.
What to Look for in a Tampa or Hillsborough County Non-Compete Attorney
When looking for a Tampa or Hillsborough County non-compete lawyer, you are encouraged to compare the background of the lawyers you are considering. Apart from subject matter experience, consider the educational background, past results, costs, and references.
At Premier Litigators, we are glad to share references, from executives and individual business owners to Fortune 500 companies. If you are looking for an experienced non-compete law firm in Tampa, contact us.
We handle non-compete disputes throughout Florida, including, St. Pete, Clearwater, Orlando, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Key West, Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Gainesville.
Tampa, Hillsborough County Florida
Tampa is located in Hillsborough County, Florida. It is the largest city in the Tampa Bay area, which incudes Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater. There are several courts located in Hillsborough Count, Florida, including a federal court and a state court. Non-compete lawsuits are generally filed in state court but, under certain circumstances, can also be in federal court.